Monday, March 29, 2010

Anti-Chaser!

Last week someone told me I have the ego of a male. Simply because I stated "I don't sweat anyone". Well its true. I DON'T sweat anyone. I'm not down for making a fool out of myself? No matter how into a person I am, I refuse to chase them ESPECIALLY if it appears the feeling isn't mutual. People say a lot of things, but it means nothing if their actions don't match their words. I've had my share of broken hearts along the way. To me, that's one of the worst types of pain. After each I thought I'd learned my lesson. However, I constantly found myself duct taping and super-gluing my heart back together. I'm naturally a very loving person and I give people the benefit of the doubt...sometimes a little too much. I'm good at reading people, so I see red flags almost immediately. Still I choose to ignore the flags and think "oh, well maybe I'm just reading too much into things" or either "I will give them a shot". I just want to refrain from being judgemental, and give people a fair chance. But 8 out of 10 times I've been disappointed. Being too nice and too available can really set you up to get hurt. A good friend said to me yesterday, "never make someone a priority, when you are just an option to them". I've heard that quote before years ago, but I dismissed it. Now it plays in my head like a broken record. I've added it to the lists of quotes I live by. If you have to chase something, maybe you aren't supposed to have it. So in response to that comment...I don't have the ego of a male. I just don't waste time on someone who doesn't make time for me. POW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment